"Personal Data" means data, whether true or not, about an individual who can be identified from that data, or from that data in combination with other information to which the organisation may have access or such other meaning ascribed to the words in the Personal Data Protection Act from time to time.
- The personal data that we collect or have previously collected from you, may include, but not be limited to, your,
- Postal address (including billing and shipping addresses)
- Date of Birth
- Telephone numbers
- Email Address
- Identification card or passport number,
- Bank details
- Credit card(s) details
- Information in audio and/or video format (including voice, video recording, closed-circuit television and security recording) and images (including photographs)
(collectively and individually, “Personal Data”).
1. Purpose and Notice of collection of the Personal Data
Your Personal Data may be used for various purposes of providing services to you, to enable communication, for general business purposes, including, but not limited to:-
- providing sales/services/products/facilities or benefits offered by TSL or any other third parties appointed by us or on our behalf;
- the setting up, managing and maintaining customer/vendor’s accounts with TSL;
- verification of your financial standing through credit reference/reporting checks and / or risk assessment or evaluation;
- processing any payment(s) due to you or collection of any payment(s) payable to TSL for any sales of products and/or services;
- general administration, periodic credit review and updating of TSL’s customers and/or vendors information and accounts;
- providing / notifying and / or updating you with information on sales/services/product offers, upcoming events, conferences, seminars and / or any form of promotion and marketing activities (including business card collections via fish bowl method or during previous events organised by us) in relation to the products and services offered by TSL;
- conducting internal marketing analysis / statistical analysis on TSL’s pool of customers / vendors and / or relevant third parties;
- vendor registration onto Sime Darby Group’s Procurement portal;
- registration and / or effecting any dealings with regulatory bodies in relation to the machines / equipment / products sold or services provided by TSL;
- monitoring and ensuring the safety and security of our visitors and/or third parties entering into and exiting from any of our facilities/premises;
- complying with any legal and regulatory requirements including our Environment, Safety and Health (ESH) rules, including, but not limited to the issuance of the Visitor Card to visitors and/or third parties entering into any of our facilities/premises;
- administering and giving effect to the processing of any documentation in relation to any commercial transaction(s) entered into and/or any potential commercial transactions to be entered into between customers/vendors and/or relevant third parties with TSL;
- necessary arrangements / preparation of necessary documentations in relation to entry by employees of TSL and / or relevant third parties to the on-shore and off-shore facilities of TSL’s customers;
- responding to any of your queries and / or requests or providing you with information that may be of interest and relevant to you;
- for publications and publicity materials in relation to TSL;
- transferring and / or migration of data outside of Singapore, where necessary;
- implementing and maintaining information technology systems, including storing and processing data in computer databases and servers located in and outside of Singapore;
- where TSL considers that such use or disclosure of personal data is necessary to protect our interests, to respond to or initiate any claims or legal processes, howsoever arising;
- as part of TSL’s corporate governance, audit and compliance purposes with any regulatory, statutory or legal obligations imposed on TSL by any relevant authority in the conduct of our business;
- to better manage our business relationship with you;
- for participation in forums, surveys, contests and / or any other interactive platforms;
- to facilitate business asset transactions (which may extend to any mergers, acquisitions or asset sales);
- for other purposes for which we have obtained your consent; and
- for any other purposes which are not specifically mentioned herein, but are deemed to be required or permitted by any law, regulations, rules and guidelines issued or implemented by any and/or relevant regulatory authorities.
If you fail to provide us with your Personal Data, we may not be able to process and/or disclose your Personal Data for any of the above Purposes and/or such other purposes related to the Purposes.
By submitting your Personal Data through TSL’s website or through the various communications with us, you consent to us collecting, using, processing (including disclosing) your personal data for the Purposes.
If you do not consent or subsequently withdraw your consent to the processing and disclosure of your Personal Data, please note that we may not be able to fulfill our obligations to you in respect of the Purposes and/or for any other purposes related to the Purpose.
We will not collect Personal Data without your consent unless permitted by applicable laws.
If you are under the age of eighteen, you shall have consulted your parent or guardian before you provide us with your Personal Data.
You warrant and represent to us that (a) your Personal Data which you disclose to us is accurate and complete; and (b) where you volunteer Personal Data of another person to us, that you are authorized by that other person to disclose his/her Personal Data to us, and that his/her Personal Data is accurate and complete.
3. Collection and Retention of Personal Data
Your Personal Data was made available to us from various sources or may be collected from you in one or more of the following ways, including, but not limited to:
- Agreements entered into with TSL;
- Application forms or such other forms executed by you in relation to any commercial transaction(s) entered into and/or any potential commercial transaction(s) to be entered into with TSL;
- Meetings, participation in events that we organise, in CCTV recordings, or photo taking or video recording at our premises or events, emails or telephone calls (which may be recorded for training, quality control, business and/or other lawful purposes);
- Visiting our websites or establishing any online accounts with us
- Contact request from you or request to be included in any kind mailing list;
- Questionnaires/surveys issued by TSL;
- Response from you to take part in any contest, survey, contest or promotion campaigns or other initiatives conducted by us and/or our business partners (including submission of photographs)and
- Register / log books etc. belonging to and/or maintained by TSL.
- Your submission of your Personal Data to us for any other reasons
- Our collection of your Personal Data by other lawful means.
We will retain your Personal Data for as long as you use our products or services and it is necessarily required for any relevant business or legal purpose.
4. Disclosure of Personal Data
Please be informed that if required for any of the Purposes, your personal data may be disclosed, disseminated and/or transferred to our subsidiaries, associate and/or related companies, business partners or to any third party organizations or persons providing administration (including, but not limited to cloud storage and maintenance of records) for the purposes of fulfilling our obligations to you in respect of the Purposes and/or all such other purposes that are related to the Purposes and also in providing other services to our subsidiaries, associate and/or related companies or involved in any corporate exercises undertaken by TSL, in or outside Singapore, for and in respect of the Purposes.
If you have provided us with your Singapore telephone number(s) and have indicated that you consent to receiving marketing or promotional information via your Singapore telephone number(s), then from time to time, we, our principals and/or their related corporations and/or contractors, our service providers, agents and/or contractors may contact you using such Singapore telephone number(s) (including via voice calls, text, fax or other means) with information about our products and services.
5. Accuracy of Personal Data
To help us maintain the accuracy of your Personal Data, we encourage you to inform us when there are any changes to your Personal Data which you have provided us by writing to the Office of our Data Protection Officer (see below for contact details), giving us enough information to identify you and specifying the information that is incorrect and what it should be replaced with. We will endeavour to reply to your request within seven (7) working days or at the reasonably soonest time practicable. Any correction request you make is free of charge.
We are committed to ensuring that your Personal Data is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure your Personal Data. We will also not sell, distribute or lease your Personal Data to third parties unless we have your permission or are required to do so by law.
7. Withdrawal of Consent & Access
You may withdraw your consent to our continued use and disclosure of your Personal Data or seek access to your Personal Data (to a reasonable extent and as permitted by the Act) at any time by writing to the Office of our Data Protection Officer. You may also withdraw your consent for the purposes set out in clause 1.
In withdrawing your consent, you acknowledge that we may not be able to provide or continue providing certain goods and/or services to you and that we may cease such provision accordingly without any liability.
We will, at your written request, endeavour to provide you with an account of your Personal Data in our possession or control within a reasonable time. Such account shall be in respect of a copy your Personal Data we hold about you or how your Personal Data has been or may have been generally used or disclosed within the year before the date of your request. Upon receiving your written request accompanied by proof of your identity and address and the specific data you wish to have access to, we will endeavour to reply to your request within seven (7) working days or at the reasonably soonest time practicable. We reserve the right to charge a reasonable administrative fee of S$10 for carrying out your access request.
8. Contact us
If you have any query, request or feedback relating to your Personal Data, please contact us. Our contact details are as follows:
The Office of the Data Protection Officer
Tractors Singapore Limited
26 Benoi Sector, Singapore 629858